THE PLACEPOT EXPLAINED BY JOHN MITCHELL @RaceHorseTips - IrishRacing7 THE PLACEPOT EXPLAINED BY JOHN MITCHELL @RaceHorseTips

THE PLACEPOT EXPLAINED BY JOHN MITCHELL @RaceHorseTips

The Placepot explained

This is a Tote bet but is accepted by the majority of bookies both in shops and online.

The aim is to get a horse placed in the first 6 races at one meeting.
The winning dividend is determined by how many winners there are. If the fancied horses are in the frame, it can pay less than £5, if the outsiders have their day, it can pay in excess of £25,000.
Usual place rules apply, so :
handicaps 16 or more, 4 places
Races of 8 or more runners – 3 places
Races of 5 -7 – 2 places
4 or less, win only

The first bet I place each day are my placepots and have had had some massive payouts over the years.
It's not as easy as you think to hit the frame in each race (Just ask the @IrishRacing7 players) and I prefer to play perm bets, which means I have more than one selection in some races.
To work out the cost of this, you simply multiply the number of runners you have picked for each leg.

If you decide upon 1 horse in the first 2 races then 2 in each of the last 4, it would be 16 bets
1x1x2x2x2x2

You then multiply that by your unit stake, so at 30p a line would cost £4.80

It's the kind of bet you have to stick with as it's easy to lose heart if you are frequently going out on the first race!

Every day on my site I give placepot picks and in the last 8 days I have connected 6 times, and very nice payout each time
At Market Rasen, on Saturday I suggested 16 bets and in 2 of the races, both horses were placed, so I had 4 winning lines

The dividend was £93 so I had £1.20 worth, picking up just over £110 for my investment of less than a fiver.

You don't need to pick longshots in every race to win big. Quite  often a couple of short priced favs out of the frame is well sufficient to boost the dividend greatly
Once you understand how the placepot works and appreciate that it's the kind of bet where you can win big for small stakes, you then just have to select well to get them into the frame.
I'm having a good run at the moment, but prior to that, successes were not frequent.

As I said before, keep at it and rewards will come

You can follow my picks by all means or just pick your own. 

Whichever way you go, the best of British

0 Comments